Local Government Market Research
Customer Care Studies
A customer satisfaction study for Wokingham District Council to develop customer care policy. This involved assessing attitudes of senior managers, staff, and members of the public and local businesses. We also looked at good practice within other authorities and then made recommendations about customer care policy and management.
A study for North London TEC to assess attitudes amongst Employers and Training Providers to the service the TEC provided. The work included both a qualitative study and quantitative assessment amongst over 600 companies and resulted in the TEC developing a new marketing strategy.
A market research study for the Public Record Office examining the quality of service delivered. This involved interviewing both staff and customers.
A study for SOLOTEC into the satisfaction and impact of the range of services it offers to businesses.
- A series of studies for the Kensington & Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (TMO).
- A study to examine the way services were delivered to tenants across the whole TMO and to help the TMO decide the best ways to deliver these services. It included both qualitative and quantitative work amongst a wide range of different tenants.
A market research study to examine the TMO’s caretaking service in the light of proposed changes in the service. The study involved detailed qualitative work amongst both caretaking staff and tenants. It helped the TMO further develop a detailed strategy in this area.
A study into the community alarm service examining the perceptions of the service and attitudes to proposed new service product ideas. Again, both qualitative and quantitative research was carried out.
Social and Employment Studies
- A study for London Borough of Havering to examine the need for Childcare within the borough. The study examined parents’ and children’s needs and attitudes towards Childcare as well as employers policies and attitudes to family friendly employment policies.
- A series of market research studies for SOLOTEC into the image and perceptions of training and education services being offered both to individuals and employers.
- An assessment of the business enterprise and training services being offered by SOLOTEC to firms within their area
A study for Sussex TEC examining the skills and qualifications of the unemployed listing and defining barriers to employment. The key output being recommendations for employment support and training policies.
Market Development Studies
A local government market research study for Birmingham TEC looking at possible sector strategy options open to the TEC.
A study of YTS take-up amongst minority groups in five Inner City areas to assess its relevance, product mix and promotion. This was designed to help Training Agency area officers and TECs.
A series of tracking studies for Scottish Enterprise examining attitudes to and understanding of the network of services offered by Scottish Enterprise and the LECs.
A feasibility study for SCOTVEC into the product and market opportunities for a new service.