Childcare Market Research
Makrotest has had considerable experience of working in the childcare market research area for the last 10 years. The work has included full childcare audits, and a large number of other projects including work on childcare sufficiency assessments; parents, children, employer, and provider surveys and detailed data collection and analysis.
We are aware of the need for authorities to carry out work to examine childcare sufficiency using the techniques described in the document “Assessing Demand for Childcare- Toolkit for conducting Research”. and have the experience and resources to be able to do this to the standards required.
The work we have done has included.
(i) A series of childcare market research studies for Havering Early Years Development of Childcare:-
- Childcare Audits conducted in 2001, 2003/4 and 2006. These audits have included detailed analysis of existing data available and surveys on parents, providers employers and children.
- In addition to this work we have also carried out specific surveys of parents, providers and employers for Havering over the last 10 years.
(ii) A number of childcare market research studies for Buckinghamshire Early Years Development & Childcare Service. These include:
- Studies of parents’ use of childcare in 2002, 2004 & 2007.
- Studies of satisfaction with Buckinghamshire CIS in 2002, 2004 & 2006.
(iii) In addition to the above work we have carried out a wide range of childcare market research studies for other local authorities including:
· Desk research studies and providers’ studies for Barnet Early Years Development & Childcare Partnership.
· A study of satisfaction with CIS Services for Suffolk Early Years.
· Studies of parents and employers for Croydon Early Years Development & Childcare Partnership and a study to assess the viability of a specific childcare facility in Croydon.
· Several studies amongst parents and providers for Bexley Early Years.
· Studies of parents and employers for Merton Early Years Childcare Service.
· A study to market test services for employers for OCIS